Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Review: Damaged #2

Book Info:
Title: Damaged #2
Series: Damaged #2
Edition: Kindle Edition 
302 pages
Publication: by Laree Bailey Press 
Release Date: June 24th 2013 
To Buy: Amazon.com, B&N.com

Book Description:
RELEASE DATE: JUNE 24, 2013

The steamy sequel to the New York Times bestselling and #1 Amazon bestseller New Adult novel DAMAGED by H.M. Ward.

Home isn't supposed to be dangerous, but for Sidney it is. Returning home means that she has to face her past. It's not just the man who hurt Sidney that makes it horrible, but the family that didn't believe her. They were dead to her, but now that her mom is really dying things seem different. It's a chance to set things right.

What Sidney doesn't realize is that she's dragging Peter into a collision course with his past. Peter must deal with the demons haunting him if he wants to move forward with Sidney. He's willing to give up everything for her, even wade deeper into his past life to help her move forward. But, Peter isn't sure if he can get over what happened to him in New York.

Genre: New Adult Romance
Length: Novel, 302 pgs
Sequel to the NYT and USA Today Bestseller DAMAGED


My Review:
I received a copy of Damaged 2 for an honest review.

Oh. My. Goodness. H.M. Ward has officially rocked my world. In all honesty Ward’s work before Damaged to me does not compare to the awesomeness of these novels.

After the horrible events of Sidney’s ex-boyfriend showing up with her brother in attempt to bring her home to see her sick mother Sidney and Peter are even closer than before. Now trying to find a way home Peter must come clean about who he really is: Peter Ferro, Sean Ferro’s brother. With that truth Sidney leaves Peter and heads to face her demons alone or well with Millie her best friend and roommate. The two begin to run into problems when Dean pops up at a gas station and demands Sidney come with him. Rescue comes though, in form of a very angry but drops dead sexy Peter Ferro who takes care of Dean and sends Millie home.

Now Sidney and Peter are thrown together again and with both anger, betrayal, and sexual tension handing in the air they both must come to terms with each-others past and decide if they can put everything aside for a future together. More problems ensue when Peter and Sidney meet up with Peter’s brother Sean who does everything he can to keep Sidney and Peter apart. Now Sidney must go home and face the demons of her past, but will she be strong enough to handle it?

So holy crap I am so in love with this series. First off I would NOT recommend this book to people who haven’t read The Arrangement Series for a couple reasons. For one Sean and Avery from The Arrangement Series appear in Damaged 2 and without that prior knowledge their relationship in this novel would be a tad confusing. 
Now, oh Holy Damaged 2 has left me reeling. First off the ending was just amazing. I loved everything in this story from the Turkey who’s not a turkey to the entire back story of both Peter and Sidney to the different side of Sean we get to see in this novel to…well I could go on and on about how much I loved this novel. Damaged 2 is such a unique novel with such an amazing story line. I’ve never read a story like it and honestly I think that’s saying a lot because I read a lot and after a while some novels seem to become similar or follow a similar style. Holly definitely has an amazing writing voice and Damaged was definitely one of those novels that will have readers loving her even more.

All in all, in case you missed it during my rant above I loved Damaged 2. It’s an intoxicating novel that will leave readers craving more of every character’s story. Damaged 2 is definitely a unique story was great characters and even better storytelling and writing. Again I wouldn’t recommend this story to anyone who hasn’t read even a little bit into the Arrangement Series or anyone under the age of 18. Damaged 2 is a great New Adult story and if anyone enjoyed J. Lynn’s New Adult Novel Wait for You, or Losing It by Cora Carmack you will most definitely fall in love with H.M. Ward’s Damaged Series.

Favorite Quote:
I nearly choke. “What? We can’t stay in the honeymoon suite.” I’m next to Peter at the counter  now, ready to jump over the edge to look for an alternate option. “You must have another room.”

“I’m sorry dear, but we don’t. There’s a convention that has us all booked up. The room is very lovely.”

“But it’s a…”  sex room! It’s for happy couples, married couples. It’s not for us! I don’t say any of it. The words bounce around in my head like bowling balls crushing every other thought. Instinct is telling me to keep space between Peter and me, but I can’t, and this makes it worse.

Peter is grinning at me. “It’s a… what, Sidney?” He’s leaning on the counter wearing that tight tee shirt with a lazy, sexy smirk. I hate him.

“Nothing.”

“No, you  defiantly thought it was something. Go ahead and tell us.” He’s teasing me.

My face heats up as a blush travels from cheek to cheek. Screw it. I say the first thing that comes into my head. “It’s just that I’m sure it’s a beautiful room and I don’t want it to get messed up like last time. Peter has issues controlling himself. He makes love like a rabid monkey and things tend to break. I don’t want to ruin your best room. That’s all.”

Peter’s  mischievous grin widens, like the statement is true. I meant to embarrass him, but it obviously didn’t work.

The old woman pats my hand, pulling my gaze away from Peter. She says, “I know dear,” and looks up at Peter and winks. The girlish look on her face implies that she intimately knows what I mean.

I blink twice, certain that I heard her wrong. It makes Peter laugh. He grabs the key from the woman and says, “Thank you,Betsy. I promise that I won’t break anything while I make wild monkey love to my friend.”
About the Author:
H.M. Ward is a NEW YORK TIMES & USA TODAY bestselling author. Ward enjoys writing novels and novellas with twisting plot lines and unexpected turns.  Her ability to shock the reader has grown a following of over 70,000 fans, and a social reach of over 17 million people.  Ward has strong marketing skills and became a full time writer less than a year after her first novel appeared on the market.   THE ARRANGEMENT is her next series of young adult romance serials. These short novels feature Avery and Sean. If you liked SECRETS, you'll love THE ARRANGEMENT.
H.M. Ward's novel SCANDALOUS hit the Amazon top hundred list in Jan 2013 and became a USA TODAY bestseller. She has also been one of the top 100 Amazon authors at various times.  This year, Ward will sold her 100,000th book. 
To Contact or Follow:
Website/ Blog/ Goodreads/ Facebook/ Twitter 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...