Monday, June 17, 2013

Blog Tour: No Strings Attached Author Interview

Book Info:
Title: No Strings Attached 
Edition: ARC e-book
Pages: 62 
Genre: Romance, Contemporary
Publication by Entangled: Flirt 
Release Date: June 10th 2013

Book Description:
She wants one night. He wants her forever.Hayden Summers just landed the job of a lifetime taking pictures for Time magazine, but she’s determined to leave with no regrets. The first thing on her list? Erase the memory of her cheating ex with a wild night of anonymous sex. The second? Figure out why her best friend, sexy bar owner Jace Jennings, stopped speaking to her the night she told him about the job. Jace has a problem. Hayden isn’t just leaving the country, she’s risking her life—just when he’s realized he’s in love with her. When fate traps them in the storage room of his bar together, barely contained desire simmers to surface. In one last attempt to keep her, Jace offers Hayden the one thing she wants: a night of hot sex, no strings attached. But when the night is over, will Jace be able to let her go? And will Hayden leave with her heart intact?

Interview:
Me:  When did you decide you wanted to write an adult romance story since you had previously written YA novels?
Nicolette: I have always been interested in the genre but really committed to get into adult contemporary romance about a year ago.
Me: Who was your favorite character perspective to write Hayden or Jace?

Nicolette: Hmmm...I really loved writing them both, but if I have to choose I'd say Jace. For some reason I love writing from the guy's POV.
Me: What do you do when you're not writing?

Nicolette: I have two boys that are seven and four so they keep me more than busy. They play baseball, so most days that's where you will find me.
Me: Do you have any particular songs that you were listening to when you were writing?

Nicolette: I have a play list for every book I write. For No Strings Attached I really liked listening to Classy Girls by The Lumineers.
Me: What was the hardest part about writing this novel?

Nicolette: Transitioning from a YA voice to an adult voice.
Me: Are you planning on writing more adult romance novels?

Nicolette: Yes! I actually have a full length Brazen book coming out later this year. It's a follow up to No Strings Attached about Nate and Lilly.
Me: Have you always wanted to be a writer or did you originally want to be something else?

Nicolette: I have always wanted to be a writer. Although I used to want to be a journalist. I really 
wanted to write for Rolling Stones magazine. I also had moments when I was a kid when I wanted to be an actor on Saturday Night Live, a storm chaser, and an astronaut.
Me What was the inspiration for _No Strings Attached_?

Nicolette: Honestly, this was one of those books that started with the characters for me. I had Jace and Hayden in my head for months. It took a little time to figure out their story.
Me: Who if anyone gave you inspiration for the characters in this novel?
  
Nicolette: I sort of had this picture of Adam Levine in my head while writing Jace.
Me: What's something about you not many people know about you?

Nicolette: When I was a junior in high school, the largest tornado in US history wiped out my home town where I lived.
My Review:
Hayden just wanted one night of fun sex with a random stranger before she leaves the country for the job of a life time. Since the last person she had sex with was her cheating ex whose marrying her cousin and she hasn’t had sex in God only knows how long she wants one night to erase the jerk. Hayden thought the one night stand would be great and uncomplicated sex would be just that uncomplicated, but being at her best friends bar when he’s not talking to her? Complicated.

Jace is pissed. After finally realizing he’s in love with his best friend, Hayden she tells him she’s going to be risking her life in some other country. Seeing her at the bar in a sexy dress is does nothing to stop the onslaught of desire he has for her. When he finds out that she’s looking for a one night stand he suggests himself for the job.

Heading back to Hayden’s apartment feelings begin to boil over and both realize that they will want each other for way more than one night.

No Strings Attached was freaking fabulous! I love love loved it! Hayden is a loveable, strong and passionate woman who is easily relate-able. While Hayden hides her true feelings for Jace behind passion it’s easy to see she has deep feelings for him. Jace was as Hayden describes Pantie melting hot. His deep feelings for Hayden make him sexy and swoon worthy. While No Strings Attached was short that factor didn’t take away from how well written or the amazing story line. I loved all the dialogue between the characters and just the deep embedded emotions for each other was just amazing to read about. I know I would definitely reread this book over and over again. No Strings Attached is a phenomenal story that will leave you craving more!


About the Author:
A mom by day and a romance writer by night, Nicolette Day harbors a weakness for black and white mochas and books that steam up her Kindle screen. She grew up in a one-stoplight town in Oklahoma where, once upon a time, she only dreamed of becoming a writer.
Nicolette now lives with her family in North Carolina in a town that has at least three stoplights. If you love young adult romance, check out Nicolette’s alter ego, Tara Fuller!

To Contact or Follow:
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...