Monday, May 6, 2013

Review: Clockwork Princess (Infernal Devices #3)

Book Info:
Title: Clockwork Princess
Genre:
Edition: Hardcover 
Pages: 568
Release Date: March 19th 2013 
Check out More: Here!
Book Description: (goodreads)
Danger and betrayal, secrets and enchantment in the breathtaking conclusion to the Infernal Devices trilogy.

Tessa Gray should be happy - aren't all brides happy?
Yet as she prepares for her wedding, a net of shadows begins to tighten around the Shadowhunters of the London Institute.
A new demon appears, one linked by blood and secrecy to Mortmain, the man who plans to use his army of pitiless automatons, the Infernal Devices, to destroy the Shadowhunters. Mortmain needs only one last item to complete his plan. He needs Tessa. And Jem and Will, the boys who lay equal claim to Tessa's heart, will do anything to save her.
Book Trailer:
My Review:

Initial Thoughts:
I knew I was going to love this book despite the mixed reviews about it. I did put off reading it though because I just hate seeing a series I love so so much end. I was very nervous about who Tessa was going to end up with and what would happen with the rest of the characters.


Plot:
Tessa Gray is finally preparing for her wedding. She has a dress picked out and the perfect guy Jem who plays music that reaches her soul.
                                                    
When Gabriel Lightwood comes to the Institute with news that his father has succumbed to Will’s famous Demon Pox it’s up to those at the Institute to find a way to stop him. When the Counsol finds out what happens Gabriel finds himself living in the Institute with Gideon and himself with the Counsol blackmailing them to find a way to get Charlotte out of the Institute forever.

After an attack on the Institute Tessa goes missing, captured by the clockwork creatures and Jem’s condition becomes worse and his medicine goes missing everyone puts together their resources to find a cure. Everyone except Will, who Jem sent on a mission to bring Tessa back at all costs after the Counsol denied help.

Tessa in the clutches of Mortmain is forced into a change and reveals and releases the worlds’ worst evil the world has ever seen; clockwork creatures that cannot be killed by Shadowhunter blades.

Now it’s up to Will to find and save Tessa before it’s too late.

POV’s:
Clockwork Princess changes perspectives from Will, Tessa, Sophie, Gabriel, and Charlotte.

Overall:
I loved Clockwork Princess. I thought it was the best conclusion anyone could ever have wished for and I think both teams will be happy with the ending. The writing was so amazing with description, inner thoughts and feelings, and dialogue! I have been a fan of Cassandra Clare’s writing for a while so I knew this book wouldn’t disappoint.
P.S.: I cried for about an hour while reading this book. Clockwork Princess definitely took me on an emotion filled journey that was both tragic and beautiful!

Cover & Title:
I am so in love with this cover. I was gushing when it was first released and as soon as I figure out how to get that sticker off the cover my life will be complete.
The title totally matches the rest of the series so I was pleased with that even though it’s not used in the actual book…I don’t think.

Recommendations:
I would recommend this series to everyone. This is such a great book and I think everyone should read it. For those who enjoy steampunk, young adult, romance, and everything in between The Infernal Devices Trilogy is definitely for everyone. Also, if anyone has read The Mortal Instruments and has not picked up this awesome prequel trilogy I would highly suggest it.
About the Author:
Hello Goodreadsers. Here's my official bio:

"Cassandra Clare was born overseas and spent her early years traveling around the world with her family and several trunks of fantasy books. Cassandra worked for several years as an entertainment journalist for the Hollywood Reporter before turning her attention to fiction. She is the author of City of Bones, the first book in the Mortal Instruments trilogy and a New York Times bestseller. Cassandra lives with her fiance and their two cats in Massachusetts."

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...