Friday, April 19, 2013

Review: Uncontrollable



Book Info:
Title: Uncontrollable 
Edition: Paperback  
Pages: 30
Published by Coleman & Stott 
Release Date: September 24th 2012 
Series: Nature of Grace #2
Genre: Young Adult

My Review:


Initial Reaction: I was really nervous about reading this book since I wasn’t huge fan of the first one Untraceable. I wasn’t a huge fan of Grace in the first book and the humor in a lot of the book was lost on me.

Plot:
Grace is starting to recover from the tragedy of her summer in the forest where she lost her father, and Mo. Many of her relationships with people seem to be broken beyond belief, especially with Wyn her ex-boyfriend and now ex-best friend who’s moved on with Skyler the girl who hates Grace most.

When Agent Sweeny comes to her science class asking for volunteers to help watch over and document the Red Wolves back into the forest Grace signs up immediately. Even after her mother says no Grace is adamant about staying on and getting back into the forest where she belongs.

After finding multiple wolves in the forest dead, and having an incident where Grace almost dies of hypothermia, Grace signs herself off of the project. When a student and volunteer from the group goes missing and the search is called off for the night Grace has no choice but to go and look for him.

When more and more instances of death and deception arise Grace uses her knowledge to figure out what is happening to the wolves and to the other volunteer. What Grace doesn’t know is that the wolves aren’t the only target, she is.

Characters:
I enjoyed Grace a lot more in this book. I thought she was a more mature and thoughtful character than before and I felt I understood her better as a character in this book.
Wyn and Skyler are in this book a lot more and I thought that was good in establishing the dynamic between the three characters, and their relationship and attitudes towards Grace and the situation that happened over the summer.

Overall Reaction:
I honestly enjoyed Uncontrollable a lot. The humor and characters I felt were a lot better. I also loved the message about how much wildlife is at stake with everything going on with these poor animals. Really makes you want to get out there and help. Uncontrollable deals a lot I think with how people deal with grief and just how hard it is to be able to move on after tragedy. 

Cover & Title:
I absolutely love the cover of this book. The snow, the tree, the face, all of it. I also love how the author mentions the title of the book and it totally makes sense in context with of the story. Loved it.

Would Recommend:
I would recommend this book to readers who enjoy a good mystery tied with the young adult genre.




 About the Author:

S.R. Johannes is the author of Amazon bestselling Untraceable (a teen wilderness thriller) and new tween paranormal, On The Bright Side. She has published short novelettes as well as a teen romance anthology with 16 other authors titled, In His Eyes.  Uncontrollable, the sequel to Untraceable, is scheduled for Fall 2012.
S.R. Johannes was recently nominated in the YA category as Georgia Author of the Year. She is also the 2012 winner of the IndieReader Discovery Awards for young adult.
She lives in Atlanta Georgia with her dog, British-accented husband, and the huge imaginations of their little prince and princess, which she hopes- someday- will change the world. After earning an MBA and working in corporate america, S.R. Johannes traded in her expensive suits, high heels, and corporate lingo for a family, flip-flops, and her love of writing.  
To Contact: Blog / Goodreads / Twitter / Facebook / Pintrest

Like my review? Let me know with your awesome comments! 8) 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...