Monday, April 22, 2013

Patricia Neely Dorsey's Guest Post






In the preface of her book of poetry, This is My Century, Margaret Walker wrote, "If
I could write my epitaph it would read: Here lies Margaret Walker, Poet and
Dreamer...She tried to make her life a poem."

She goes on to write, "The South is my home, and my adjustment or accommodation to
the South-whether real or imagined (mystic and legendary), violent or nonviolent- is the
subject and source of all my poetry. It is my life."

These are my sentiments exactly.... I could not have said it any better myself. I write
about the south. The South IS my home. It IS my life. I invite you to share my southern
life.... in poems.

One author/editor of the 19th century once said: "I don't read, I have an intimate
conversation with the writer."

That is what I hope to achieve with my books...an intimate conversation with the reader
about the south... giving an upclose and personal view of the southern way of life.
Using poetic storytelling, I hope to, not only, entertain, but also, educate and enlighten,
while helping to preserve the beautiful, rich southern culture, history and heritage that
I know, along with promoting and fostering an appreciation and understanding of the
importance of cultural diversity, individuality, self-expression and regional pride.

"In the South, the breeze blows softer...neighbors are friendlier, nosier, and more talkative. This is a
different place. Our way of thinking is different, as are our ways of seeing, laughing, singing, eating,
meeting and parting. Our walk is different, as the old song goes, our talk and our names. Nothing about
us is quite the same as in the country to the north and west. What we carry in our memories is different
too, and that may explain everything else."
--Charles Kuralt in "Southerners: Portrait of a People"



Where to Purchase Reflections of a Mississippi Magnolia

Amazon Paperback

Barnes & Noble Paperback

My Magnolia Memories

Amazon Paperback

Barnes & Noble Paperback

Patricia's Website / Facebook

Add Patricia’s Books to Your Goodreads List:
Reflections of a Mississippi Magnolia
My Magnolia Memories and Musings

Blog Tour Link:
http://worldwindvirtualbooktours.weebly.com/tour-reflections--magnolia-memories.html
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...