Monday, April 1, 2013

Author Appreciation #9


What's it about?
Author Appreciation is going to be a monthly blog posting on my blog to give a shout out to some of my favorite authors out there.
I think it's important to show just how awesome these authors are for writing all these amazing books out there for our enjoyment. For without them there would be no amazing books, and I would be writing a blog about noodle straining or something of that nature.


Author of the month:Shauna Allen
I first heard about Shauna Allen when a e-mail about a blog tour came out from SupaGurl Blog Tours about sign-ups for a blog tour for this book called “Inked by an Angel.” The description seemed interesting enough so I signed up. What had started as a way to promote a simple book turned into love. The book was completely amazing, and after talking to Shauna a couple of times through exchanging e-mails I totally loved her too. Her style of writing and the uniqueness of it, along with the humor and complex characters were all it took for Inked by an Angel to make its way into my heart. Shauna is a totally amazing writing and while I’ve only read her one book I know she will go on to write great things.





Shauna's Book:
 Jed Gentry is doing just fine, thank you very much, running his tattoo studio in Austin, Texas. So what if people think he’s a bit on the surly side? He’s been burned by his ex who sticks around to torture him and he lives with a family heartache that he’d rather not talk about. But he’s got a thriving business, his dream car, and good friends. Not much to complicate things. At least, not until she walked in…
Kyle O’Neill has had it with being the sheltered daddy’s girl at the family accounting firm and is ready to spread her wings and fly on her own for the first time. Unfortunately, it seems she’s about to fall flat on her face when her first and only client is – gulp -- a tattoo artist! Her country club upbringing certainly hasn’t prepared her for this place or the sizzling attraction her traitorous body feels for the grumpy owner.
But there is a Divine conspiracy at work here pushing these two together. And they are hell bent on bucking the Heavenly plan all the way. Luckily, their angel is a true believer and pulls every trick he knows from under his halo to make this a match made in Heaven.
Who says God doesn’t have a sense of humor?

Book Trailer:



About the Author:
I had the privilege of growing up an only child with two open and loving parents who gave me the freedom to be myself and to explore my creativity.  We settled in Texas when I was seven years old, where I met and eventually married my high school sweetheart.  (Yes, that still happens these days!)  Now, some 18+ years later, we have three beautiful children and a few furry creatures to boot.
I graduated Summa Cum Laude with a degree in nursing and I work full-time bringing babies into the world.  In my spare time, between work, chores, and family time, I slip into the worlds of my own making – my precious creative outlet.  This is the place where I feel truly free and I am profoundly grateful for this.  There is no way to explain the joy found in writing other than to tell you it is a God-given gift.  If you’re a writer, you understand.  I would also be remiss not to mention the wonderful friends writing has brought me.  From Jenn, my oldest friend and first editor, to my critique babes – Jan, Jaye, Susan & Stella.  I love you all more than I can say and couldn’t do this without you. Music also holds a very special place in my writing and in my heart.  It is a large part of my life, from my worship experience all the way through to my writing journey.  I’m sure you will see that throughout this website if you haven’t already!

When I’m not writing I love reading, movies, reality dance shows, vacations to the beach, dates with the hubby, and hanging out with the kiddos.  (Seriously.  Even teenagers! smiley )
Want to contact Shauna? Check her out here:
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...