Friday, March 15, 2013

Blog Tour: Edge of the Falls


Hiya everyone!!! Today I have Nazarea Andrews here for an interview!!! Nazarea is the author of Edge of the Falls which has just been released this last Tuesday, March 12th. Hope you enjoy.

Author Interview:
1. How long does it take you to write a book?
Anywhere from 4-8 weeks. One book took six months, but I had a new baby, so I don’t usually count that in my statistics.
2. What would you say is your interesting writing quirk?
I can (and do) write anywhere. I need music to write, but I have been known to write in pickup line getting my kids, or the drive-thru line at Starbucks.
3. Where did you get your ideas for your book from?
Music, folklore and fairytales, life and photography.
4. Did you base your characters off of anyone you've met or anyone in your life?
No. Sometimes they’ll have characteristics, or names, but my characters are not based off real people.
5. What is your favorite aspect about writing?
The first draft. I love getting to know characters and the world for the first time.
6. Do you have any advice for other or future writers out there?
Write the story you love. Don’t worry about trends or selling or any of that—just write and revise and revise again. Remember that its supposed to be fun.
7. Which character was the easiest to write?
Merc. Gosh, I love Merc. He’s Arjun’s best friend and was a blast to write.
8. Would you consider yourself like any of your characters and if you who?
Not really. They are very much themselves.
9. What gave you the idea for the title?
Well—to go all the way back to the beginning. An author friend posted a photography prompt on her blog and this story sorta spawned from that. The title itself is pulled from the setting and location.
10. What is your main inspiration behind why you write?
Getting the stories/voices in my head to shut up. And I couldn’t imagine not writing.


Guest Post
Love Triangles.

I have a confession. I wrote this book...and I sorta kinda put a love triangle in...sorta. BUT! I have a theory. Ok, I know. Everyone is tired of love triangles. ME, TOO!!! So just hang in there and let me explain. So I have this theory. That in a traditional love triangle there's the guy she should be with, and then there's the guy who she has some kind of connection to, that she can't quite cut off. That isn't a love triangle in my opinion. So if you were to be all, "hey, N~ why'd you write a love triangle?" I'd probably look at you funny.

The thing is--everyone has history. We all have the past romances and exs and the best friends forEVAH that have a tie to our life. That even though we are happily in love or settled down, they're still a distant thought in the past. But remember the days when they WEREN'T a distant thought? When you wanted to go out with that cute kid at work with the gorgeous curly hair. I remember that--and I remember the look on my best friend's face when I told him. Was I in a love triangle? Hell, no. I didn't love either of them (romantically) but I WAS in a bit of conflict, torn between what I wanted and not hurting my friend. Sabah has this same issue. And looking at other books I've written--even the sequel I'm writing now (deep breath, Edge doesn't have a cliffhanger ending.) there is a love-triangle-esque theme. But I think part of growing up is learning how to chose what you need and want, in a way that hurts those around you the least. Because, hurting people is inevitable. It's not something anyone wants, but it is part of life. Minimizing the hurt is key.

Nazarea Andrews is an avid reader and tends to write the stories she wants to read. She loves chocolate and coffee almost as much as she loves books, but not quite as much as she loves her kids. She lives in south Georgia with her husband, daughters, and overgrown dog. Her first book, Edge of the Falls, is available now from Amazon, and Barnes and Noble.



Synopsis:
Sabah always knew where she belonged—with Berg—and what was expected of her—to care for the other children the Mistress took in.

But when a ban-wolf saves her life, things begin to change.

Arjun isn’t like the other ban-wolves, the savage creatures that are barely human. He’s gentle and furious and as Sabah spends time with him, she can’t seem to get him out of her mind. But in a world of darkness, control, and danger, is there a place for two outcasts?

A romantic retelling of Beauty and the Beast in a dark dystopia.


About the Author:
Nazarea Andrews is an avid reader and tends to write the stories she wants to read. She loves chocolate and coffee almost as much as she loves books, but not quite as much as she loves her kids. She lives in south Georgia with her husband, daughters, and overgrown dog.


I add all the books I read--I'm a little obsessive. I don't, however, rate or review all of them. I love talking about books, so feel free to say hi! :) 


Book Links:
www.indieignites.blogspot.com

Check out this book out and let me know what you thought of the interview and guest post!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...