Thursday, February 7, 2013

Review: Scandalous (Scandalous #2)

Scandalous (Scandalous #2) by H.M. Ward
Book Info:
Expected publication: February 14th 2013 
Type of copy: E-book
Pages: 324
Author: H.M. Ward
New Adult/ Adult Romance
Synopsis: (gooodreads)
To be announced! Teaser:
Genre: Adult Romance (Lots of fans put it in with New Adult romance because Abby is dealing with the same issues when her life gets turned upside down).

My Review:
Received a copy for review (ARC)

When I first saw that there was going to be sequel to Scandalous I was so excited. Scandalous is one of my all time favorite book and the fact that H.M. Ward was going to be writing a second one sent me into fan-girl spastic mode.I wasn't sure what to expect, but I knew H.M. Ward wouldn't disappoint.

I read Scandalous in the same amount of time I read this one, in one sitting. Book two takes place almost right where book one takes place. Abby and Jack are on their honeymoon and it's the last day. Jack makes everything special by taking her to a fancy restaurant and then...well I mean it's the honeymoon so you know. 

Anyway Abby and Jack are both stressing over a lot while trying to hide what they're feeling from each other. Abby is feeling a tremendous loss of herself. She doesn't know where she belongs anywhere or what she's supposed to do with her life now that she has Jack but is no longer a minister. To make matters worse she can tell Jack is hiding things from her.

Making it back home to New York Jack and Abby are as to just how bad things are. A hate group is targeting on Jack. The usual protestors are bad enough but now they're focusing on Jack as a person, telling him he corrupted Abby into marrying him and moving away from the church. The blows keep on coming and now Jack is taking it to heart and the ever present thought of what he always feared was true, that he would make Abby fall.

Seeing no way to escape the public scrutiny Abby takes them head on by telling the press them she came onto Jack and had sex with him before she was married. From that point things seem to get worse and worse. Now the hatred is focused on Abby and while she tries to shrug it off but some of the blows sting. When things keep blowing up, Abby and Jack's lives are thrown into complete chaos that nobody is sure they'll survive this upcoming scandal.

Ah...what can I say about the second book in the Scandalous series? Well for starters HOLY FREAKING CRAP I AM SO SO SO IN LOVE WITH THIS BOOK!!!! MADE ME FALL IN LOVE WITH THE SERIES ALL OVER AGAIN BECAUSE IT'S SO AWESOME *GUSHES* THIS BOOK IS COMPLETELY STUPENDOUS, WONDERFUL, AND SO AWESOME!!!!

I can honestly say I love this book just as much as the first book. Abby and Jack even with the emotional separation at times are even closer in this book than in the first one. There's a lot more teasing in this one and I loved how I got a closer look into Jack's inner thoughts since some of the chapters were in his point of view (POV). I also loved the insight into Jack and Abby's past. Abby's life has never been easy and a lot of confessions come out about her life with Jack and just how strongly both of them felt towards each other even before they realized how they truly felt.

I also loved that Gus and Kate are in this book even more now (hint hint). I loved how they butted heads at times and Kate is still one of the funniest characters ever.

Oh and the sex!!! Ah can't forget the sex!!! So freaking hot and sexy and bam! Loved every minute of reading about how they both couldn't resist each other and how even after and during the crisis they still have deep moments of hot steamy passion. 

Jack still works on his art and even though I can imagine what the artwork might look like in my head...I so wish these pieces could be posted somewhere.

H.M.Ward created another amazing story and I loved every page. I always love how there's the perfect amount of description and personality in each page that makes every part of the story seemed realistic! 

Now about the ending, let me just tell you it is a phenomenal ending! I reread it like twenty times squeeling with excitement!! One of the best endings I've ever read and I know fans will love it just as much as I did!! Plus as always there's action packed towards the ending as well as an epiphany! Not telling who has it but it's such a perfect ending for the characters that anything less wouldn't have been the same.

All in all I feel like I have no rating for this book. My rating for Scandalous was like 100/100. I feel like that is the same rating I should give this book. I honestly can't love this book anymore than I do now and it's just made me love H.M. Ward's books all the more as well as the first book all over again!

Favorite Quote: Only one of them...
My entire mouth is blue. Jack looks like he was attacked by a blueberry. By the time we straightened up, Kate is standing in the doorway with hr hands on her hips. Gus is behind her, smirking.
"You know you're doing it wrong? I assumed that at least one of you knew how to have sex." Kate tells Gus over her shoulder, "You might want to get him a book or something."

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...