Monday, February 11, 2013

Music Monday #17

Music Monday is a blog review I post on my blog to change up my reviews, and to share my love of music. I am extremely excited about this book review today, and I hope you like it too!!

Pushing the Limits (Pushing the Limits #1)
 by Katie McGarry
 Book Info:
Hardcover 
392 pages
Published by Harlequin Teen 
Released: July 31st 2012
Author: Katie McGarry
Link to book: Here
Genre: Young Adult, Romance, Contemporary

Synopsis:
No one knows what happened the night Echo Emerson went from popular girl with jock boyfriend to gossiped-about outsider with "freaky" scars on her arms. Even Echo can't remember the whole truth of that horrible night. All she knows is that she wants everything to go back to normal.But when Noah Hutchins, the smoking-hot, girl-using loner in the black leather jacket, explodes into her life with his tough attitude and surprising understanding, Echo's world shifts in ways she could never have imagined. They should have nothing in common. And with the secrets they both keep, being together is pretty much impossible.

Yet the crazy attraction between them refuses to go away. And Echo has to ask herself just how far they can push the limits and what she'll risk for the one guy who might teach her how to love again.
Music:
This books song for me is: Echo by Jason Walker. Okay I know this is supernova cliche but after I read this book this song immediately popped into my head. I think it goes perfectly with the book! If anyone is a fan of the show Vampire Diaries then you probably recognize this song. Here are the lyrics: Here and here is the video: Here
My Review:
There are not enough words on the planet that could express how much I love this book. Immediately from the first page (true!) I was in love with Echo!! This book is just one of those anyone can connect to and will definitely be a continuous reread for me.

Echo used to be one of the most popular girls in school. She had it made, great friends, hot jock boyfriend, was on the dance team...but life at home wasn't so great. One night her home world and her social life collide and she's never been the same. 

Now almost two years later all Echo wants to do is graduate and leave her past behind. Cast as the school freak for the horrible scars on her arm that deem her a cutter she's a social outcast. Echo and her family have been seeing a counselor since Echo woke up in the hospital with no memory. When Echo returns to school her friends want her to go back to "normal" back to when she was popular, dating the hottest guy in school, and eating lunch in the cafeteria instead of in the library alone.

Too bad in walks Noah Hutchin's. The schools known bad boy who believes in one night stands and no emotional attachment. Noah has a dark past of his own. Trying to make enough money working to try and get custody for his two younger brothers is all he can do to not drown in sorrow of the family he's lost. 

When Echo and Noah's paths cross they become instant friends, although they feel more. They understand each other, better than anyone else in their lives ever has. All Echo wants is to be normal again, and falling for a guy like Noah isn't her normal. Too bad he's all she wants, and while she still tries to cling onto her past she soon realizes that may not be in the cards for her.

When Echo starts piecing together the flashes from that fateful day involving her mother, she realizes there may be more pieces missing than she originally realized. 

As for Noah he's battling wanting his brothers with him, and wishing he could have a life with Echo. One that doesn't involve him turning into a father at 18. When the time comes Noah will have to choose between the life he promised and the life he wants.


“Because growing up means making tough choices, and doing the right thing doesn’t necessarily mean doing the thing that feels good.”

Overall, I love this book. The characters are so relateable, and witty, and real. I loved how the book was broken up into Noah's and Echo's perspectives. Echo is honestly one of the toughest and amazing characters I've ever read about. Instant connection to her, she's an amazing character who never gives up even when everything hurts. She battles with a lot of different dilemma's in this book and I love that she came out stronger in the end. Definitely one of those characters you can look up to and think of as an amazing female roll model. As for Noah, well for one he is a smoking hottie. He is honestly one of the best male characters I've ever read about. He's loyal, fierce, and just drop dead amazing. 
I couldn't have asked for a better book, characters or writing. I am a complete die hard fan of this book now. So happy I know what the hype was all about and am glad I didn't miss the opportunity to read this amazing novel.  
Favorite Quote: Have to say Rico although not in the book too often was a hilarious character! Honestly one of my favorites!
"'Sup, man," said Rico Vega, joining me in the back of Spanish class.
"'Sup," I answered. "How can they let you take Spanish when that's what you speak half the damn time?"
"Why they let a bunch of gueros take English? You gringos gotta be stupid if you ain't got it down in eighteen years." 

Second favorite Quote: Oh Noah you're so sexy!!
“If you’re scared, tell me. If you need to cry and scream, then do it. And you sure as hell don’t walk away from us because you think it would be better for me. Here’s the reality, Echo: I want to be by your side. If you want to go to the mall stark naked so you can show the world your scars, then let me hold your hand. If you want to see your mom, then tell me that too. I may not always understand, but damn, baby, I’ll try.” 


Book Trailer:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...