Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Review: Pure (Covenant #2)

Pure (Covenant #2) by Jennifer L. Armentrout
Synopsis:
There is need. And then there is Fate
Being destined to become some kind of supernatural electrical outlet isn't exactly awesome--especially when Alexandria's "other half" is everywhere she goes. Seth's in her training room, outside her classes, and keeps showing up in her bedroom--so not cool. Their connection does have some benefits, like staving off her nightmares of the tragic showdown with her mother, but it has no effect on what Alex feels for the forbidden, pure-blooded Aiden. Or what he will do--and sacrifice--for her.
When daimons infiltrate the Covenants and attack students, the gods send furies--lesser gods determined to eradicate any threat to the Covenants and to the gods, and that includes the Apollyon and Alex. And if that and hordes of aether-sucking monsters didn't blow bad enough, a mysterious threat seems willing to do anything to neutralize Seth, even if that means forcing Alex into servitude or killing her.
When the gods are involved, some decisions can never, ever be undone.

My Review:
What to say about Pure...hm... I have to say if I thought Alex's life couldn't suck any worse I was so so wrong.

The book started off great, Alex training and pinning over Aiden. Kisses with Aiden which believe you me they are sexy and hot and I seriously love every scene with him in it. But Aiden was a lot less....loving in this book I guess. He's still kick butt and sweet sometimes but he put his foot down a lot more when it came to Alex and he affections for him.

Seth was in this book a lot more...*Sigh* I can't say he's my favorite character in the whole widest world since but he is pretty funny. My favorite scene with him was when Alex and him were watching Twilight. Oh the hilarity of that scene had me laughing for days after I read it. Anyway, Seth and Alex's connection grows stronger and stronger with each passing day, to the point where sometimes Alex and Seth can't tell whose emotions are whose.

Okay to the sucking part. Alex suffers great and many tragedies during Pure. I won't go into detail on many of them but needless to say I was crying...a lot and if I hadn't bought this book on my kindle I would have for surely thrown this book across the room during one of the scenes, if you want a hint it's one of the things that the oracle mentioned in the first book. Also, another sucky thing that happened was she almost gets killed...a few times actually she was very close this time.

Also, Alex gets into major major trouble with the Counsel for what I felt was no reason besides the fact that the guy was a complete and total a-hole but I digress.

Overall, this book has waaay waaay more action than Half-Blood which was awesome. There were also a lot more scenes where Alex got to kick some major bootie which I also liked. Sadly for my Seth was in this book more and more, and I felt like slapping Aiden a couple hundred times, and then I loved him again. If you have read Hal-Blood you totally need to pick up a copy of Pure ASAP, because Pure is completely and totally awesome...just like the author!

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...