Monday, January 7, 2013

Review: The Arrangement

The Arrangement by H.M. Ward
Synopsis:

Genre: New Adult Romance Series

FML is becoming Avery's motto. Just when she doesn't think things could get any worse, they do. When her car stalls out at a busy intersection and she gets out to check under the hood, a guy steals her car. Armed with a dress and a pair of Chucks, Avery runs after the thief. When a hot stranger offers to help, she can't say no. That's how Avery meets Sean Ferro, the totally sexy, totally damaged guy with more secrets than she has time for.

Avery doesn't have time for anything anymore. Her is life falling apart and it's not just the car. It's everything, and it doesn't matter how tightly she tries to hold on, there's nothing left to hold on to. With the sudden death of her parents, it's only a matter of months until Avery's shot at college is gone, and she's living in a cardboard box. Other students have their families to rely on when things get bad. Avery has no one.

But there's one option, one incredibly sexy, morally devoid, option. If Avery takes a job as a call girl, one guy could save her. One client. One time. She just has to say yes.

Link to book: http://amzn.to/WoI78p

My Review:
Just when I thought H.M. Ward's books couldn't get any better..well I've been proven wrong before. Every time I start another book written by H.M. Ward I go in feeling like my mind is going to be blown and I will be taken on the ride of my life. The Arrangement did just that and I can not wait for the second installment.

Avery's life starts off as a giant suck fest. Her car breaks down every time she gets to a stop light or sign, the heater doesn't work, and the car window doesn't go up. One night as she's fixing her car a thief gets in and takes off with it. At that point she starts running after her stolen piece of crap car with all her worthy belongings in it, and into a hot stranger on a motorcycle. After he helps her get her car back he disappears and she thinks she'll never see him again.

However, even after her car incident Avery still can not catch a break. When she's not working she's at school, struggling to keep her scholarship and getting nothing below a B on anything. Becoming desperate her best friend Mel tells Avery about her job, a job in which goes against all of Avery's morals. However, when Avery finds out the man she's to be arranged with will be the hottie motorcyclist she's willing to put aside what she thinks is right to survive.

Seriously, I really connected with Avery, just as I do with all of Holly's characters. Avery's college roommate situation is a lot like mine was. I dealt with everything from hoarding, whoring, alcohol, drugs, nudity, late night outings, theft, and a array of other things that sucked to high heaven. It sucked so I really felt close to Avery more as a character. I loved her best friend Mel, she's a girl of color and that always makes me happy when there are ethnic characters in books.

Favorite Quote:
“Strange things?” I grin. “Such as?”
“You have a spray start car, for starters. That’s not
something I see every day. Second, you chased your car
after getting it jacked, which was something, especially
since you had every intention of getting you car back.
When you consider that the car has no monetary value, it

makes me wonder why you’d risk your life for it. And
after much consideration, I’ve decided you’ve filled the
tires with gold and that is the reason why you couldn’t
possible part with this beast, and it also explains why you
go through ether cans like hairspray.”

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...