Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Author Appreciation #6

What's it about?
Author Appreciation is going to be a monthly blog posting on my blog to give a shout out to some of my favorite authors out there.
I think it's important to show just how awesome these authors are for writing all these amazing books out there for our enjoyment. For without them there would be no amazing books, and I would be writing a blog about noodle straining or something of that nature. 

Author this Month is: Melissa de la Cruz

What can I say about Melissa de la Cruz? Okay when I started really getting into reading about vampires I was in the book store and saw a book called Blue Bloods. Needless to say that I was hooked on Melissa's writings ever since. I learned so much reading her books about angels and history and her books were fabulous. I loved the way she twisted the way I had always thought about vampires, I mean who would think that they could have originally been fallen angels? Apparently Melissa de la Cruz. I love her writing and the way she develops her characters and the world around them. I know I definitely will be reading her books until the end of time. This month the Blue Bloods series is going to be coming to an end and I wanted to show just how much I love this series and their amazing creator by showing Melissa de la Cruz some love!

Melissa de la Cruz's books: 
 
There are a lot more books that go along with these but in case you haven't read any I figured I'd start with the basics.
 
About the Author:
Melissa de la Cruz is the New York Times and USA Today best-selling author of many critically acclaimed and award-winning novels for teens including The Au Pairs series, the Blue Bloods series, the Ashleys series, the Angels on Sunset Boulevard series and the semi-autobiographical novel Fresh off the Boat.
Her books for adults include the novel Cat’s Meow, the anthology Girls Who Like Boys Who Like Boys and the tongue-in-chic handbooks How to Become Famous in Two Weeks or Less and The Fashionista Files: Adventures in Four-inch heels and Faux-Pas.
She has worked as a fashion and beauty editor and has written for many publications including The New York Times, Marie Claire, Harper’s Bazaar, Glamour, Cosmopolitan, Allure, The San Francisco Chronicle, McSweeney’s, Teen Vogue, CosmoGirl! and Seventeen. She has also appeared as an expert on fashion, trends and fame for CNN, E! and FoxNews.
Melissa grew up in Manila and moved to San Francisco with her family, where she graduated high school salutatorian from The Convent of the Sacred Heart. She majored in art history and English at Columbia University (and minored in nightclubs and shopping!).
Melissa lives in Los Angeles and Palm Springs with her family.

Links: TwitterFacebookBlue Bloods Facebook PageTumblr/ BlogWebsite

Melissa and I!!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...