Sunday, November 4, 2012

Bohemia Review

Bohemia by Veronika Carnaby
Synopsis:(goodreads)

In her debut novel, Veronika Carnaby picks up where the Beat Generation left off. Set in 1960, Bohemia chronicles a group of twenty-somethings who defy the "ideals" of a mid-twentieth century society to seek creative fulfillment. In the process, they spotlight the creative path that artists of all mediums tread, all the while depicting the challenges faced by youth in the decade that changed the world.



Review:
I received a free copy of Bohemia  for an honest review.

Bohemia is the story of Verokia and her friends who want to live life to the fullest. They are free spirits and try to always find their place in the world. After living in one place for usually three months or so they leave it all behind to start a new. The story takes place in the 60's where many life changing events were happening in society. I have to say the book truly captured the times and the book was well written with amazing detail.

I honestly didn't understand much of this book and was extremely concerned with how this review would come out. I tried very hard to figure out what was going on in this book and I read it over a couple times. At this point I still have no idea what happened in the end. During points of dialogue I had a difficult time trying to figure out who exactly was speaking. There was also a language barrier for me. I believe through it all I may have gotten the main concept, but I'm not sure. Many times I just felt as if the plot were dragging I even in the end I couldn't find the main idea through it all.

However, people have enjoyed this book and I have to say don't knock it until you try it.

Rating: 2.5

About the Author:
American author and poet, Veronika Carnaby, possesses a vintage charm that transcends well into her written works. Recognized for her Beat-style prose, her pieces have garnered international recognition after appearing in such publications and functions as The Ed Sullivan Show blog, SESAC Magazine, SXSW, Dan’s Papers Literary Journal, and the SESAC New York Music Awards, among others. Whether penning poems, short stories, or novels, Carnaby infuses her writing with a poignancy and passion for 20th century culture.
To find out more about Veronika please visit Veronika's Carnaby's Blog and to pick up her book follow the links: Barnes & Noble or Amazon.com or wherever online books are sold.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...