Monday, November 26, 2012

Blog Tour: The Secret of Ella and Micha Review

BLURB:

Ella and Micha have been best friends since they were kids. But one tragic night shatters their friendship and their lives forever.

Ella used to be a rule-breaker with fiery attitude who wore her heart on her sleeve. But she left everything behind when she went to college and transformed into someone that follows the rules, keeps everything together, and hides all her problems. But now it's summer break and she has nowhere else to go but home.

Ella fears everything she worked so hard to bury might resurface, especially with Micha living right next door. If Micha tries to tempt the old her back, she knows that it will be hard to resist.

Micha is sexy, smart, confident, and can get under Ella’s skin like no one else can. He knows everything about her, including her darkest secrets. And he’s determined to bring his best friend, and the girl he loves back, no matter what it takes.

My Review:
Who finished this book in one sitting? This chick!! From the first pages of this book I knew I was going to like this book.

This book goes back and forth between Ella's perspective and Micha's perspective. This book is recommended for ages 17+ due to language and sexual situations.

The book starts out on a bridge with our two main characters. Ella has taken some medication and is trying to get through the pain of her mothers death when Micha shows up and makes her come down. That night, she packs up and leaves her home town and Micha without a word. She heads to college to change her life around and to become a new person. Her plan was working, but that was until she had to go home for Summer Break. The home and everything she tried so hard to leave behind, including Micha.

Back at home for the last year Micha has been searching frantically to Ella. After she dropped off the grid he dropped all of his activities and basically everything in his life in his search for her. Now she's home, only she's not. She looks and is pretending to be someone else. Someone who isn't his best friend, and the girl he's been in love with since he was 16.

Ella and Micha both have some insane emotional problems, lots and lots of emotional baggage. Most of the time Ella is struggling with the problems she left behind and trying not to deal with them. Micha on the other hand is trying to bring his best friend back, and that means making her deal with them. There is a crap load of sexual tension in this book too which was freaking sexy:

“I dare a kiss against her shoulder, relishing the softness of her skin, wanting her so God damn bad I’m getting a hard on just thinking about it. Ella notices too and squirms around in my lap, making it worse.”

There a bunch of scenes like that one hehe loved it.

When Ella and Micha finally get together I have to say it's epic, and awesome. Their personalities are so perfect together. When life takes them on separate paths they do their own thing which I really liked. I think the fact that they could move on together without actually being together every second made their love and the story more realistic. That and the fact that even though they finally got together their problems weren't suddenly fixed. They still had problems they had to deal with and I had to admire that.

If you are looking for a quick amazing read I would highly suggest this book. Also there will be more books so be on the look out! 8) Like my review please let me know that also, I love comments!



Author bio:

I live in Wyoming with my husband and three kids, where I spend most of my time writing, reading, and hanging out with my family. I’m the author of the Fallen Star Series, the Darkness Falls Series, and the Death Collectors. I also just branched out to the New Adult Contemporary genre with my book, The Secret of Ella and Micha.

 


LINKS:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...