Thursday, November 1, 2012

Author Appreciation #4

What's it about?
Author Appreciation is going to be a monthly blog posting on my blog to give a shout out to some of my favorite authors out there.
I think it's important to show just how awesome these authors are for writing all these amazing books out there for our enjoyment. For without them there would be no amazing books, and I would be writing a blog about noodle straining or something of that nature.

My Author this Month: H.M. Ward
I first discovered H.M. Wards work Demon Kissed the end of last year. I immediately fell in love with her writing style and her characters. Holly has a way of creating amazing worlds and truly torturing her characters. Honestly, I have never read a book or series where the characters life sucks so bad as in Holly's novels. This aspect just made me like her all the more, because it was original. Holly has written an array of different novels and I have fallen in love with all the ones I have read so far. Finishing the Demon Kissed Series was super difficult for me since I loved the characters so much, and then I found out she was making a spin off Assassin Fall of the Golden Valefar (My Review Here)!! Needless to say I was super excited. One of my favorite books from this year was written by Holly in her pen name Ella Steele. Honestly love Holly and have so much to thank her for. She was the first author to offer a giveaway to me since she enjoyed my review so much. Awesome right? I hope you check out her writing, and if you haven't read anything by H.M. Ward yet you are truly missing out. Oh and as a reader I am truly a cover freak. I know you shouldn't judge a book by it's cover...but H.M. Wards covers are honestly amazing and truly well done. The Covers definitely draw you in and I have to say the stories inside are just as amazing

H.M. Wards Books:

You can buy all of H.M. Wards books on Amazon.com or H.M. Wards Blog/ Website
About H.M. Ward from
H.M. Ward is the author of the bestselling DEMON KISSED series. This YA Paranormal Romance series has been on bestseller lists since it's release in March 2011. Ward enjoys writing novels and novellas with twisting plot lines and unexpected turns.  Her ability to shock the reader has grown a following of over 50,000 fans, and a social reach of over 17 million people in January 2012, alone.  Ward has strong marketing skills and became a full time writer less than a year after her first novel appeared on the market.   VAMPIRE APOCALYPSE was her next major series.  The first book in this series is titled BANE and was released in June 2012.  Bane is a tense dark paranormal romance. Description: "The world as we know it is gone. The ice caps have melted and shifted south, devastating the northern territories and eradicating major cities such as New York and London, which are now under water and frozen. Humans died off during an epidemic prior to the ice disaster, and many more died during the floods at the start of this new ice age.  These events have forced vampires out of hiding. In order to ensure that their food source wouldn’t completely die off, the vampires have sequestered the remaining humans into farms and taken control of all that remains of civilization. Over time, the humans breeding on these farms became anemic. Their blood no longer sustains the master race. But not all of the humans were captured and sent to the farms. Some of the humans evaded the hunters, hiding in safe houses across the frozen tundra. As decades passed, the free humans disappeared, died, or were captured, until all that remains is one. Kahli is the last wild human. BANE is her story."
H.M. Ward also writes contemporary new adult/ mature YA romance under the pen name Ella Steele. The SECRETS series is about a college student who gets more than she bargained for when her internship goes awry. SECRETS are serials anticipated to have five books.
THE SECRET LIFE OF TRYSTAN SCOTT is a new YA romance series that Ward started in Summer of 2012. If you liked the tension between Ivy and Collin in DEMON KISSED, then you have to read this! It's pure YA. THE SECRET LIFE OF TRYSTAN SCOTT are serials. The total number of books is TBA. 
Press: Ward was in the Washington Post about her debut novel Demon Kissed.
Series: Demon Kissed, Twisted Tales, Vampire Apocalypse, The Secret Life of Trystan Scott, Secrets
Representation: Currently, Ward is currently not represented by an agent.  Email for information.

To find out more about H.M. Ward visit blog.demonkissed.com
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...