Monday, October 15, 2012

Music Monday #15

Music Monday is a blog review I post on my blog to change up my reviews, and to share my love of music. I am extremely excited about this book review today, and I hope you like it too!!

Beautiful Disaster (Beautiful #1) by Jamie McGuire
Synopsis:
The new Abby Abernathy is a good girl. She doesn’t drink or swear, and she has the appropriate percentage of cardigans in her wardrobe. Abby believes she has enough distance between her and the darkness of her past, but when she arrives at college with her best friend, her path to a new beginning is quickly challenged by Eastern University's Walking One-Night Stand.

Travis Maddox, lean, cut, and covered in tattoos, is exactly what Abby needs—and wants—to avoid. He spends his nights winning money in a floating fight ring, and his days as the ultimate college campus charmer. Intrigued by Abby’s resistance to his appeal, Travis tricks her into his daily life with a simple bet. If he loses, he must remain abstinent for a month. If Abby loses, she must live in Travis’s apartment for the same amount of time. Either way, Travis has no idea that he has met his match.

Music:
The song I chose this week is "If It's Love" by Train. I love this song and I thought it went perfect because in the song it goes:  
"And if I'm addicted to loving you and you're addicted to my love too We can be them two birds of a feather that flock together." 
At the beginning of the book Travis comes up with an adorable nickname to call Abby:
"Travis spun the empty chair beside me and sat, resting his arms in front on him. "So you're the Pigeon, huh?"
"No," I snapped. "I have a name."
He seemed amused at the way I regarded him, which only served to make me angrier.
"Well? What is it?" he asked.
I took a bite of the last apple spear on my plate, ignoring him."
"Pigeon it is, then," he said, shrugging."
 See two birds, Pigeon, get it? haha well I thought it fit. Feeling like checking out the song? You can find the lyrics If It's Love Lyrics and If It's Love Video

Review:
Okay if you have not read Beautiful Disaster yet I will give you a tad bit of info I've gathered. Beautiful Disaster seems like the type of book that you either loved or hated. I loved it, although I can see why some people may not have. I am absolutely going to be reading this book over and over again until Walking Disaster comes out. Beautiful Disaster is exquisitely written, just all around amazing. I wasn't exactly sure how I felt about it after I read it except I really liked it, but I have to say it is a personal favorite.

Abby:
I have to say I liked reading about Abby's character. She has an extremely dark and depressing past and I was happy that her life's secrets weren't revealed right away and that I found out about them as the story progressed. In the beginning she has a lot of reservations about dating Travis due to the fact he represents everything she is running away from.

Travis:
There is a lot of freaking out, and violence in this book. Travis has a lot of major outbursts in this book that may freak some people out. He NEVER hit Abby, I am saying this now just so you know. He does however break a lot of stuff, kick a lot of ars, and it's incredibly intense and insane.
Travis does have a lot of good points though despite the violence. I was happy that at the beginning they more or less stated he has a lot of problems and messes up a lot with people he cares about, mainly because then throughout the book there was that understanding. And he does, he messes up a lot, but I think that he just didn't know how to show his love any other way. He does change a lot throughout the book, mainly because of Abby.
I think readers will either completely love or hate Travis so if you don't like him in the beginning I don't really see you liking him later.

 Both characters have a lot of emotional problems to work out, and honestly a disaster is more or less what I would define both of them when they aren't together and when they are. Even while they're friends they both just insane and I think at some point in the book they realize they make no sense and that that's okay.

Both characters are pretty much codependent on each other and I think that while some readers may hate that about them, it made me like them even more. I liked that they weren't perfect and couldn't stand not spending time with each other. That they got jealous and had insane arguments. Honestly those aspects made me like them more because no real life relationship is perfect, and while the other person may drive us completely insane we love them anyway.

Abby's best friend is honestly hysterical and her boyfriend Shepley also Travis's cousin is extremely annoying. When meeting Travis's family I instantly fell in love, they are all just amazing and funny characters, a lot like Travis so I mean what's not to love? Oh and I love this picture, I think it goes perfect with the book:

Can anyone say yum? 8)
I hope you pick up a copy of this book soon. Let me know what you thought of my review, I was extremely excited that I liked this books so much since I wasn't sure before I read it, but it is now a new favorite.

Favorite Quote: I swear I was cracking up at this scene, so funny.
"Shepley's bed squeaked, and then his feet stomped across the floor. His door flew open as he squinted from the light. "Fuck no, Trav, you're not pulling this shit! Tou're in love with Ab..."-his eyes focused and he recognized his mistake- "...by. Hey, Abby.""
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...