Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Author Appreciation #3

What's it about?
Author Appreciation is going to be a monthly blog posting on my blog to give a shout out to some of my favorite authors out there.
I think it's important to show just how awesome these authors are for writing all these amazing books out there for our enjoyment. For without them there would be no amazing books, and I would be writing a blog about noodle straining or something of that nature. 

My Author This Month is: Kristin R. Campbell
I "met" Kristin after she asked me to give of her awesome book Lunangelique, you can view my review of it HERE.
Ever since she has messaged me we have been e-mailing each other on a daily basis, and like the weirdo I am completely fell in love (not literally...). Anyway she is completely awesome and so down to earth. Her books are extremely easy to read and carry a lot of amazing mythology in them. She even has me researching, and is helping me write for my own books, which is completely awesome. Kristin is honestly awesome, and hilarious anda bunch of other things. I can honestly say since I asked that there will be more amazing books from her. She is an extremely quick writer and is expecting her third and final book Awakened Gods before the end of this year. Squeal. I honestly have another author crush, but hey if you've read her books you would understand. Just saying 8)

 
Her Books:
You can buy or order or pre-order 
Kristin's amazing Lunangelique Trilogy at
The Trilogy: (goodreads)
Awakened Gods (Lunangelique #3) (not yet released


About Kristin from Lunangelique.com
I am currently an editor/publisher/trying to be a writer. My husband and I have two children, we both are prior military (how we met), and we've been married now for ten years after only knowing each other for 2.5 months! Against all odds!

I come from a military/divorced family and have lived in almost all corners and coasts of the United States; most of the time, all over Virginia. I went to fourteen schools growing up and four different colleges before finally graduating with a Bachelor in Criminal Justice. However, I have no interest in working in the field; I just like to study law.

I have travelled all over the beautiful blue-green waters of the Mediterranean. I've been to Crete, Sicily, and Spain, seen the beautiful Northern lights over Greenland and day tripped to Canada and Mexico. Sounds
exciting but it was work. Literally.

Currently, I am working on the Lunangelique trilogy but take a break from it now and then to work on another mature, historical-fiction with religious undertones/fiction novel that will be titled Cain. I have so many more ideas for other books and I hope I will be able see them come to life one day.

I want to try and test my limits on writing, switching from first-person to third, researching for hours on end to get details right, and writing some novels just for fun, like Lunangelique has been. I love seeing the characters come to life. They literally tell me, "I don't want to be like that." And change the outcome of the story. It's fascinating. I didn't think writing would be like that. I have no control. The characters are the writers.

The Brief, Yet, More In-Depth Bio

I was born in San Diego, CA to a military family. When I was 5, my father, a Navy Seal, was transferred to Virginia where we lived for the next 23 years. (About everyone in my family served in the military.) On  9/12/2001, the day after the tragic incident of 9/11, I found myself in front of  the Navy recruiting office (my future husband was across the country about to start his Marine Corp bootcamp training). I spent the next 5
years on board the USS George Washington as a storekeeper and at Norfolk Naval Legal Service Office as the  Command Master Chief's assistant. I met my husband 3 days after graduating bootcamp, we married 2 1/2 months later and against all odds have been happily  married for 10 years now with a beautiful son and daughter. At the end of my 5-year enlistment in the Navy, I decided to be a stay-at-home mom. I went to  school full-time and graduated September, 2010 with a bachelors in Criminal Justice.  In 2011, we finally moved to Saint George, Utah. I am still a stay-at-home mom. My husband and I started a publishing company where I have taken on the role as senior editor and publisher of the book side of the business. I love helping new authors realize their dreams by bringing their books to print for all to read!


If Kristin were a book I'd give her 
 Cus she's just that awesome!!!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...