Monday, September 10, 2012

Music Monday #11

Music Monday is a review on my blog I do so reviewing doesn't become to boring for my lovely viewers, and myself. Plus my boyfriend and I love music so that's also a plus.
 
Firelight (Firelight #1) by Sophie Jordan

Synopsis:
A hidden truth.
Mortal enemies.
Doomed love.

Marked as special at an early age, Jacinda knows her every move is watched. But she longs for freedom to make her own choices. When she breaks the most sacred tenet among her kind, she nearly pays with her life. Until a beautiful stranger saves her. A stranger who was sent to hunt those like her. For Jacinda is a draki, a descendant of dragons whose greatest defense is her secret ability to shift into human form.
Forced to flee into the mortal world with her family, Jacinda struggles to adapt to her new surroundings. The only bright light is Will. Gorgeous, elusive Will who stirs her inner draki to life. Although she is irresistibly drawn to him, Jacinda knows Will's dark secret: He and his family are hunters. She should avoid him at all costs. But her inner draki is slowly slipping away —if it dies she will be left as a human forever. She'll do anything to prevent that. Even if it means getting closer to her most dangerous enemy.
Mythical powers and breathtaking romance ignite in this story of a girl who defies all expectations and whose love crosses an ancient divide.

Book Trailer:

Music:
This weeks music choice is "Poison and Wine by The Civil Wars. I'm recently discovered their awesomeness when they sang with Taylor Swift for the Hunger Games Soundtrack. I chose this song because I felt this song was perfect for what Jacinda and Will feel for each other throughout most of the novel. That although they love each other, and feel this amazing connection, they deny it throughout because of their secrets. Check out the song video  and lyrics. Like the music? Let me know what you think.
Review:
I don't know if I even know how many times I've read and reread this book. Sophie Jordan did such an amazing job with writing amazing strong characters, as well as keeping the reader interested in the story line.

I absolutely love all the characters. None of them are perfect, and they all struggle with what their surroundings and society treats them. Jacinda has a twin sister who is what the pride calls a defunked draki which is someone who never manifested and therefore is an outcast in her pride. Driving a wedge between herself and Jacinda. Even when they move into the human world. There Jacinda feels even more alone in her family, the environment, and her new school. She has no one. Until she sees the hunter, the hunter who saved her. Their connection is instantanious, but comes with it's own set of problems. For Will, the hunter, has secrets of his own.

I have to say reading out dragons, and their world was amazing. I love how their world is described, with beautiful trees and mists. It's amazing, wish I was a draki so I could live their.Their world is complex, with many social problems, much like the human world, as Jacinda and her family come to find.

I hope you go pick up a copy soon and start reading this amazing trilogy. Vanish the second book has already been released. The third and final book is called Hidden. I love this amazing trilogy and hope you do too.
Favorite Quote: Can anyone say swoon? I love this sexy quote!
""I've never stopped thinking about you." Somehow, I doubt I ever will.
Then, I'm rewarded with his hands on my face again. His lips on my mouth, brushing so softly, so tenderly, but the hunger is there, held in check. I feel the storm rising on the air. My breath shudders against his lips and he kisses me harder, his hands on my face tightening.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...