Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Hidden (Firelight #3) Review

Hidden (Firelight #3) by Sophie Jordan
Synopsis:
Jacinda was supposed to bond with Cassian, the "prince" of their pride. But she resisted long before she fell in love with Will—a human and, worse, a hunter. When she ran away with Will, it ended in disaster, with Cassian's sister, Miram, captured. Weighed down by guilt, Jacinda knows she must rescue her to set things right. Yet to do so she will have to venture deep into the heart of enemy territory.

The only way Jacinda can reach Miram is by posing as a prisoner herself, though once she assumes that disguise, things quickly spiral out of her control. As she learns more about her captors, she realizes that even if Will and Cassian can carry out their part of the plan, there's no guarantee they'll all make it out alive. But what Jacinda never could have foreseen is that escaping would be only the beginning....

Loyalties are tested and sacrifices made in the explosive conclusion to Sophie Jordan's Firelight trilogy.

Book Trailer:
 Review:
This review may contain spoilers to those who have not yet read the books. AAAAAAMAZING!!!!!!!! When I first read the synopsis I was a little weary of reading this. I thought the entire book was going to be about getting Jacinda out of the enkros prison. I was happy to be proven wrong, as I should of known since Sophie Jordan always throws in surprises with this series. This novel was so full of surprises I never knew what was going to happen next. All the characters grew so much. Hidden was nothing how I thought it would be, which made reading the end of this amazing series even better.

I felt this novel held more emotional struggles with Jacinda. She made the decision to leave the pride, but at every turn she is needed. Will and Jacinda also deal with some more struggles than before. Will wanting to be with Jacinda forever, but Jacinda feeling her sense of duty to her pride. 

Through all the struggles though I feel Hidden wrapped up this amazing trilogy up amazingly. There were great moments of suspense and surprise. As well as heart wrenching, and swoon worthy moments. I just overall loved this book. Hope you all enjoy!
Favorite Quote:
"He slides a purple plastic ring on my finger. The band fits just right. We both stare at it for a moment. The top of the plastic band is a hollowed-out heart. I outline that tiny heart with one fingertip. 
"Now you can look down at your hand any time. Even if I'm not there, you'll know." His warm fingers squeeze mine, and our gazes find eachother.
"Know what?" I whisper.
"That you have my heart. That I love you."
 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...