Saturday, August 25, 2012

Stacking the Shelves #9

Stacking the Shelves is a weekly blog post hosted by Tynga's Reviews to share what books you've bought this past week. 

Onyx (Lux #2) by Jennifer L. Armentrout: I got this book last week via e-book because B&N couldn't get Onyx in, and I'm extremely impatient. So, I finally got my hard copy and let's just say....there was a lot of squealing when I was holding it.

Synopsis:
 Being connected to Daemon Black sucks…

Thanks to his alien mojo, Daemon’s determined to prove what he feels for me is more than a product of our bizarro connection. So I’ve sworn him off, even though he’s running more hot than cold these days. But we’ve got bigger problems.

Something worse than the Arum has come to town…

The Department of Defense are here. If they ever find out what Daemon can do and that we're linked, I’m a goner. So is he. And there's this new boy in school who’s got a secret of his own. He knows what’s happened to me and he can help, but to do so, I have to lie to Daemon and stay away from him. Like that's possible. Against all common sense, I'm falling for Daemon. Hard.

But then everything changes…

I’ve seen someone who shouldn’t be alive. And I have to tell Daemon, even though I know he’s never going to stop searching until he gets the truth. What happened to his brother? Who betrayed him? And what does the DOD want from them—from me?

No one is who they seem. And not everyone will survive the lies…


e-book:
Secrets Vol. 1 & 2 by Ella Steele
 
Synopsis:
Everyone has a secret. Anna Lamore is about to find out that some people will do anything to protect theirs. She unknowingly stumbles into the worst situation that her career, and her emotions, can handle. Meeting the infamously powerful and sexy Cole Stevens throws her life into turmoil. Not only is the wealthy artist everything she doesn’t need, but his studio is branded with controversy that can kill Anna’s career before it even starts








Swag:
 This is the first time I have ever gotten swag. Super exciting. I totally forgot to take a picture of the swag I got, but I got it from winning one of the giveaways from the YA Scavenger Hunt for the book:
Synopsis:
Everybody knows Cate Cahill and her sisters are eccentric. Too pretty, too reclusive, and far too educated for their own good. But the truth is even worse: they’re witches. And if their secret is discovered by the priests of the Brotherhood, it would mean an asylum, a prison ship—or an early grave.

Before her mother died, Cate promised to protect her sisters. But with only six months left to choose between marriage and the Sisterhood, she might not be able to keep her word... especially after she finds her mother’s diary, uncovering a secret that could spell her family’s destruction. Desperate to find alternatives to their fate, Cate starts scouring banned books and questioning rebellious new friends, all while juggling tea parties, shocking marriage proposals, and a forbidden romance with the completely unsuitable Finn Belastra.

If what her mother wrote is true, the Cahill girls aren’t safe. Not from the Brotherhood, the Sisterhood—not even from each other.

What's your on your shelf?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...