Friday, August 3, 2012

Review of Unleashed by Nancy Holder & Debbie Viduie

 Synopsis:
Katelyn McBride’s life changed in an instant when her mother died. Uprooted from her California home, Katelyn was shipped to the middle of nowhere, Arkansas, to her only living relative, her grandfather. And now she has to start over in Wolf Springs, a tiny village in the Ozark Mountains. Like any small town, Wolf Springs has secrets. But the secrets hidden here are more sinister than Katelyn could ever imagine. It’s a town with a history that reaches back centuries, spans continents, and conceals terrifying truths. And Katelyn McBride is about to change everything.

Broken families, ageless grudges, forced alliances, and love that blooms in the darkest night—welcome to Wolf Springs.
(from goodreads.com)

Review:
The beginning of this book starts in complete tragedy. Katelyn's life from the beginning of the book completely sucks. She has to move to a new house, in a completely different state. The life that she had planned is completely set on hold. Her life, her friends, her career, the school she wanted to go to, just completely set on hold.

No while that might make some characters, and people even whinny and completely unlikable, Katelyn turned out to be an amazing character. Although her life was completely ripped out from underneath her, she figured out how to take control of her life. How to get what she wanted, and figured out how to get it, in a sensible way. Katelyn is a character who is very self- preservative.
Katelyn does have two obvious love interests in the book. I really liked Trick, but the other boy Justin was a hottie too.

This book is taken place in a world where secrets and alliances are what fill the small town off Wolf Springs. Around every corner are deep dark mysterious secrets, that we have yet to learn about, even at the end.

This book was a very interesting read, and I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

The one thing that I have to mention, because it kind of annoyed me a little bit was how Katelyn talks about how she wanted to be a Cirque du Soleil dancer, but she barely does anything about becoming one even though she worries about losing her flexibility and skills. That's the only trying that bothered me, nothing major.

Favorite Quote: Trick is so sexy 8)
""So...my grandfather told me you get beaten up for writing poetry."
"Oh, shit." He laughed. "Maybe when I was four. He's just trying to make me sound like a loser to lesson your attraction to me." He shot her a grin and pressed down on the gas. "He wants me to be your androgynous best friend." The car shot through the trees and flew around the corner. "Just FYI, Kat, I'm not androgynous.""

Extra:
When I was on vacation and saw Cirque du Soleil signs everywhere and it was right after I finished this book. So enjoy the pictures:


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...