Monday, August 27, 2012

Music Monday #9

Music Monday is a weekly review I do on my blog to change up my reviews.

Throne of Glass(Throne of Glass #1) by Sarah J. Maas
Synopsis:
After serving out a year of hard labor in the salt mines of Endovier for her crimes, 18-year-old assassin Celaena Sardothien is dragged before the Crown Prince. Prince Dorian offers her her freedom on one condition: she must act as his champion in a competition to find a new royal assassin. Her opponents are men-thieves and assassins and warriors from across the empire, each sponsored by a member of the king's council. If she beats her opponents in a series of eliminations, she'll serve the kingdom for three years and then be granted her freedom. Celaena finds her training sessions with the captain of the guard, Westfall, challenging and exhilirating. But she's bored stiff by court life. Things get a little more interesting when the prince starts to show interest in her... but it's the gruff Captain Westfall who seems to understand her best. Then one of the other contestants turns up dead... quickly followed by another. Can Celaena figure out who the killer is before she becomes a victim? As the young assassin investigates, her search leads her to discover a greater destiny than she could possibly have imagined.



Book Trailer 

Music:
 This weeks song is by "The Hell Song" by Sum 41. I liked this song when I was reading the book, because I felt as if it went perfectly with the book. The song kind of went with how Celaena was feeling throughout the book, with the back and forth emotions about herself, and her past, as well as her determination. Here are: Hell Song LyricsThe Hell Song Video
Review:
Honestly one of the best books I've read this year. I can not wait for the sequel. Throne of Glass was nothing like i expected. Filled with magic, darkness, and evil at every turn. This book has such an amazing story line, with just as amazing characters. So happy that this novel was nothing like I expected.

I started this book because I saw there was a HUGE hype over this book so I had to see what that was all about. This book did not disappoint. Oh and another awesome aspect of this book was that Celaena had her period. Okay, I know kinda gross factor but I have honestly never read a book where it explained why the main character just stopped having her period all of a sudden. So have to say I was excited about that and the cramping even though I know they suck.

This book is epic, and amazingly well written. I couldn't have loved this book more. Celaena Sardothien is witty, brilliant, and hilarious. She's tough, yet vulnerable which makes her somewhat relate-able. While her past is extremely.."colorful" with her life as an assassin she also has a soft side to her. Which is what made her such an amazing character. During her stay at the castle she makes friends, enemies, and love interests. Now while she encounters love I was extremely happy at the end that she stayed true to herself in what she wanted to do all along and become free instead of choosing the guy.


Throughout this book there Celaena enters the castle from her imprisonment in the land mines. She lasted longer than almost anyone else there, and now she's expected to enter a challenge to become the King's Champion. When she enters the castle she immediately starts training, and eating. Her body lacking it's strength from her times at the mines. The Captain of the Guard trains her and watches her personally, knowing she has her own agenda and is not to be trusted.

The prince Dorian although has had a royal upbringing, longs for adventure and hates the pressures of court and his parents expectations.

Favorite Quote: I love quotes about food like this.
""You sent those?" She kept her mouth closed as much as possible.
"Of coarse." He picked up the brown bag of candy on the table. "What's your..." He trailed off as he weighed the bag in his hands. "Didn't I give you three pounds of candy?"
She smiled impishly.
"You ate half the bag!""

Everyone needs to read this novel!! So amazing. Honestly one of the best novels all year. This book will leaving you begging for more, and is full of surprises.
  To find out more about this series and the author go HERE to learn more. Like the music, or my review? Let me know 8)
Rating: 5/5
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...