Monday, August 20, 2012

Music Monday #8


Music Monday is a weekly review I do on my blog to change up my reviews. Plus, I am a music fanatic so it's a win win for me.

Infinite Days (Vampire Queen #1) by Rebecca Maizel

 Synopsis: (from goodreads)
Throughout all my histories, I found no one I loved more than you... no one.”

Those were some of Rhode’s last words to me. The last time he would pronounce his love. The last time I would see his face.

It was the first time in 592 years I could take a breath. Lay in the sun. Taste.

Rhode sacrificed himself so I, Lenah Beaudonte, could be human again. So I could stop the blood lust.

I never expected to fall in love with someone else that wasn’t Rhode.

But Justin was... daring. Exciting. More beautiful than I could dream.

I never expected to be sixteen again... then again, I never expected my past to come back and haunt me...

Book Trailer:
 
Music:
The song this week is "Bring Me to Life" by Evanescence. I chose this song because I feel like this song describes the emotions of how Lenah feels about Rhode, Justin and Tony, as well as how they felt about her. Also how Lenah was feeling about the inner insanity that came with becoming a vampire. Lastly, the line: 
 I’ve been sleeping a thousand years it seems/ got to open my eyes to everything/ Without a thought, without a voice, without a soul/ don't let me die here/ there must be something more/ bring me to life, really reminds me of Lenah being asleep for a hundred years and having Rhode wake her up to save her from insanity.
Review:
I started reading Infinite Days when I was going through my vampire phase, which hasn't passed, but now I also read other stuff too. I was instantly in love from  the first page. I still find this book to be one of my favorites, and am "patiently" awaiting the release of the second book Stolen Nights in January of 2013.

Rebecca Maizel's vampires are so completely different than any other vampires I've ever read before.

Lenah Beaudonte at the beginning of the book is a new human. Rhode her hundred year old lover spent 100 years working to find a way to turn Lenah human. After so many years of being a vampire, Lenah started going insane. After waking and finding that Rhode is dead she begins her new life as a 16 year old year at a private school.

Throughout the entire book whenever people annoy her, or she sees people in her head she thinks about how easy it would be to end there lives. Lenah has so many quirks. She had been asleep for 100 years and in that time came...technology. No more candle light, no more horse drawn carriages. Lenah has to learn how to hold up in modern society.  Oh, and many times during the book Lenah will have flashbacks of her past.

She makes a friend: Tony, and has a major love interest, Justin. Everything in her life seems to be going perfectly, until her past comes back to stake it's claim on her.
Rating: 5/5
 
I loved this book, I hope you decide to pick up and enjoy Infinite Days. Let me know what you think of my review. I love hearing from you!!!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...