Monday, August 13, 2012

Music Monday #7

Music Monday is a weekly review on that I do on my blog, to kind of change up the reviews. Also, I love music so it's kind of a win win.

Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins

Synopsis:
Anna can't wait for her senior year in Atlanta, where she has a good job, a loyal best friend, and a crush on the verge of becoming more. So she's not too thrilled when her father unexpectedly ships her off to boarding school in Paris - until she meets Etienne St. Clair, the perfect boy. The only problem? He's taken, and Anna might be, too, if anything comes of her crush back home. Will a year of romantic near-misses end in the French kiss Anna awaits?

Music:
This weeks song is "Falling In" by Lifehouse. This song sings about what it feels like to be in love. I love this song so I hope you enjoy it too. Falling In Lyrics and Falling In Video

Review:
 I wasn't sure what to expect when I started this book. If you've ever seen my goodreads page or even the reviews on here you'll notice I don't read a lot of books with only humans in them. 
  • However, I really enjoyed this book from start to finish.
  • The nerrator Anna is an extremely likeable character. Moved from her life, family, friends, and job at home, her father uproots her to Paris where she is to go to school for her last year of high school. There she meets some amazing new friends, sees lots of films, explores, and meets Etienne St. Claire. 
  • Even from the beginning there relationship is complicated, just like any.
  • I have to say this book portrays the complications that come with liking someone, while dealing with everything else. This book also showcases how love can just sneak up on someone.
I completely fell in love with this book.
I would highly recommend this book. There's a lot of humor in this book that just had me cracking up throughout the entire book. 
Let me know what you think of my review by leaving a comment. I love comments!!
Favorite Quote: 
""Pardon me, but I wonder if you wouldn't mind switching seats. You see, that's my girlfriend there, and she's pregnant. And since she's a bit ill on airplanes, I thought she might want someone to hold her hair when...well..." St. Claire holds up the courtesy barf bag and shakes it around. The paper crackles dramatically.
The man sprints off the seat as my face flames. His pregnant girlfriend?"
Rating: 5/5
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...