Monday, August 6, 2012

Music Monday #6





Music Monday is a weekly book review I do on my blog to show either what music reminds me of a certain book, or what book reminds me of a certain song. Music Monday's are one of my favorite blog postings, so I hope you enjoy them too. Let me know what you think. 8)
Shade (Shade #1) by Jeri Smith- Ready

Synopsis:
Best. Birthday. Ever. At least, it was supposed to be. With Logan's band playing a critical gig and Aura's plans for an intimate after-party, Aura knows it will be the most memorable night of her boyfriend's life. She never thought it would be his last.

Logan's sudden death leaves Aura devastated. He's gone.

Well, sort of.

Like everyone born after the Shift, Aura can see and hear ghosts. This mysterious ability has always been annoying, and Aura had wanted nothing more than to figure out why the Shift happened so she can undo it. But not with Logan's violet-hued spirit still hanging around. Because dead Logan is almost as real as ever. Almost.

It doesn't help that Aura's new friend Zachary is so understanding--and so very alive. His support means more to Aura than she cares to admit.

As Aura's relationships with the dead and the living grow ever complicated, so do her feelings for Logan and Zachary. Each holds a piece of Aura's heart...and clues to the secret of the Shift.

 Book Trailer:

Music: 
The song this week is "From Where You Are" by Lifehouse. While reading this book this song just popped into my head. This song and book kind of mention how after someone is gone from your life how you miss pretty much everything about them. They way they laughed about certain things, and what kind of foods they liked, and how you didn't really notice those things as much when they were around. However, when they're gone it seems like it's all you notice.If you're interested in the song at all follow these links:--->From Where You Are Lyrics & From Where You Are Video

Review:
I loved this book. I finally figured out what all the excitement was about with this series. Jeri Smith-Ready is a complete genius. I can't wait to start the next book.

I have to say I cried A LOT during this entire book. This book hit so close to home. This book hit on a lot of my fears I have about my boyfriend. He has health issues so I'm constantly worrying if anything will happen to him.

Logan is honestly the perfect boyfriend, and a great ghost even. I have to say even though he did stupid things, he was still an amazing person.

Zachary was equally amazing. Wowza men with accents are super sexy, with secrets of his own.

Aura was an amazing character to read about. She was such a realistic character. As was everyone is this book. I just loved it.

This book talks so much about the affects of loss. How everything reminds you of that person, how everyone wants you to move on. Shade just completely captures the difficulty and pain that happens when you lose someone you love, or care for.

The cover is so perfect for this book. The purple is the color of the ghosts and I just love how it surrounds Aura with the hand reaching her.

There are no words for how amazing this book is, and I hope you enjoy this book too.

Favorite Quote: So sweet!!! Pretty sure I cried during this part.
"Haunting, yeah. So much fun. If I want to be with my family, it means watching them cry. It means knowing that I put those tears in their eyes." hr looked at me across the courtroom. "As for Aura, I hung out with her after I died, and even though she made me happy, it killed me not to touch her, it killed me to know we had no future. And now, because I died, I've lost her."
 Rating: 5/5
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...