Thursday, August 16, 2012

JLA Reading Challenge

The JLA reading challenge hosted by Deity Island has started this month and me and my blog are participating. Woo Hoo!!
I honestly love ALL of Jennifer L. Armentrout's books so I am really excited about this challenge since I was going to be reading ALL of her upcoming books anyway.
This months challenge was to read the Lux series and post reviews. Here's my first one:
Obsidian (Lux #1) by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Synopsis:
 Starting over sucks.

When we moved to West Virginia right before my senior year, I'd pretty much resigned myself to thick accents, dodgy internet access, and a whole lot of boring.... until I spotted my hot neighbor, with his looming height and eerie green eyes. Things were looking up.

And then he opened his mouth.

Daemon is infuriating. Arrogant. Stab-worthy. We do not get along. At all. But when a stranger attacks me and Daemon literally freezes time with a wave of his hand, well, something...unexpected happens.

The hot alien living next door marks me.

You heard me. Alien. Turns out Daemon and his sister have a galaxy of enemies wanting to steal their abilities, and Daemon's touch has me lit up like the Vegas Strip. The only way I'm getting out of this alive is by sticking close to Daemon until my alien mojo fades.

If I don't kill him first, that is.


Review:
This book was absolutely amazing, couldn't put it down. Honestly thinking Jennifer L. Armentrout is one of my favorite authors of all time!!!!
  • Daemon is sexy in soooo many ways. I always enjoy reading Daemons personality changes. It's so like "what will he do next" type of thing. Whenever he comes into a scene I know I'm going to be laughing, or fanning myself....or both.
  • I love Katy!!! She is such a strong character like so many of Jennifer's characters.Katy is such an amazingly strong character. She stands up for what she believes and doesn't allow people to walk all over her. Katy is someone to totally admire and it is supernova awesome that she is a book reading blogger!!!
  • I enjoyed how even if Katy and Daemon were pissed at each other, or in mortal/alien danger that they would always think about protecting Dee. Which is so awesome because I would like to think I would do anything even when staring death in the face that I would want to protect my friends. 
  • Oh and Dee is so adorable. I loved her from her first scene in the grocery store. She's so adorable.
  • I feel so sorry for Adam, he seriously must have gotten the only nice gene in that family because Andrew and Ash are totally butt heads.
Honestly one of my favorite books in the entire world. Both book covers were amazing although I have to say I like the updated one better. There is nothing about this novel to not like.   Counting down the days until Onyx is released upon the world. 

I'm pretty sure I've read this book almost 50 times this year. I just love it. I hope if you haven't picked up your copy yet, you should do so.

Favorite Quote: It was so hard to pick a quote. I had such a hard time, but I think this one represented Daemon and Katy's relationship extremely well as well as Katy and Dee's throughout the book.
"I glanced at her, surprised. "How did they get over here?"
Dropping down on her knees, she started pulling up the weeds. "Probably my brother."
"Daemon?"
She nodded. "He's always the thankless hero."
"Thankless hero," I muttered. Not likely. I'd sooner believe the bags levitated over here on their own."
Rating: 5/5
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...