Monday, July 9, 2012

Review of: City of Lost Souls by Cassandra Clare

Synopsis:
The New York Times bestselling Mortal Instruments continues—and so do the thrills and danger for Jace, Clary, and Simon.Can the lost be reclaimed? What price is too high to pay for love? Who can be trusted when sin and salvation collide?     Darkness threatens to claim the Shadowhunters in the harrowing fifth book of the Mortal Instruments series.

Review:
Well let me just say...HOLY CRAP ON TOAST THIS BOOK IS MADE OF AWESOMESAUCE!!!! Seriously I was hooked to this series from the very beginning. I love all of Cassandra Clare's books and City of Lost Souls was no exception. I love all different point of views there were from the different characters. The multiple POV's definitely made the story more enjoyable because we could figure out what was going on and how almost everyone was feeling. I still love Clary though. She's so amazing. In this story she never lost sight of what she was doing, and she always knew exactly who she was throughout the entire story. I have to say Jocelyn was pissing me off a bit. Oh and I loved the insight on Sebastian we got in this book. It was the most I've seen of him and it was amazing. He's such an amazing manipulator and at times I almost believed him. However, that nasty bleep he pulled towards the end pf the book was so sick I swear to whoever I wanted to kick him in the face. Ew factor to the extreme. I swear the dilemmas that come up in this story are so real life and not it's amazing. Like relationship problems...it's not like almost everyone hasn't or won't deal with that at some point and the way the characters go through them it's so close to what we all deal with...sort of not the I'm your brother but still super attracted to you type of thing but yeah. Anyway I loved the different locations the characters went to. Magnus was his usual amazing self. Alec really pissed me off at some parts, but like I said I could understand why he did what he did a lot of the time. Many of the pages had me laughing so hard. Each page in this book made me want to read more and more and kept me interested throughout the entire book. Which is seriously amazing. I'm super duper sad that I have to wait until 2014 to read the next Mortal Instruments book, however I know it will be well worth the wait.

Favorite Quote: Every time I read this quote I laugh. Hehe
“Jordan doesn't really care about the blood," Simon said now. "His whole thing is about me being comfortable with what I am. Get in touch with your inner vampire, blah, blah."
Clary slid in next to him onto the bed and hugged a pillow. "Is your inner vampire different from your...outer vampire?"
"Definitely. He wants me to wear midriff-baring shirts and a fedora. I'm fighting it."
Clary smiled faintly. "So your inner vampire is Magnus?”
 

Rating: 5/5 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...