Monday, July 30, 2012

Music Monday #5


Music Monday is a weekly book review I do on my blog to show what music reminds me of certain books. Music Monday's are one of my favorite blog postings so, I hope you all love them and let me know what you think. 8)
 Shiver (The Wolves of Mercy Falls #1) by Maggie Stiefvater

Synopsis: 
For years, Grace has watched the wolves in the woods behind her house. One yellow-eyed wolf—her wolf—is a chilling presence she can't seem to live without.
Meanwhile, Sam has lived two lives: In winter, the frozen woods, the protection of the pack, and the silent company of a fearless girl. In summer, a few precious months of being human… until the cold makes him shift back again.
(Synopsis from Maggie Stiefvaters official website)

Music:
The song this week is called "Say Yes" by Elliot Smith. For those who have read this book you'll recognize the name Elliot Smith as the musician who Sam was compared to throughout the books. This song was introduced to me by my boyfriend and it really goes along with the song. The song more or less reflects what Sam is feeling towards Grace throughout the book. "Say Yes" is very much like the songs that Sam writes and plays during the book, and the series. I hope you like it, here are the links: "Say Yes" Lyrics & "Say Yes" Video.

Review: 
I honestly loved this book from the first chapter. 
The cover, although seemingly plain is so perfect for this book. 
  • Grace's character's life isn't exactly perfect. Her parents are never there and leave her to take care of herself. She has two best friends who she hangs out with. She's really smart and intuitive, plus reads lots of books. She's honestly a relate-able character, to me at least.
  • Sam is adorable. He works in a book store when he's human, and watches over Grace's house as a wolf. He has a dark and tragic past, that haunts him through the entire book, and series really.
Throughout the book after Sam and Grace meet each other, they are instantly in love. 
  • Sam and Grace are trying to find a cure for Sam so he can stay human and stay with Grace forever. It's an extremely difficult task, especially when more and more people are getting bitten to be changed into werewolves. As Sam and Grace struggle to find a cure, friends are lost and gained, and then Grace's family becomes a problem.
  • The book has a lot of suspenseful moments, heartbreaking moments, an epic love, and lots of mysteries. I hope you enjoy this book as much as I did. L
Let me know what you think of the review. 8)
Book Trailer? I think yes!

Rating 5/5  
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...