Friday, July 27, 2012

Get Me Off the Shelf #1


Get Me Off the Shelf is inspired by "From the Review Pile" from Stepping Out of the Page blog.I got this from Sherri's FIK*TISH*UHS Reviews.

The aim of this meme is to showcase books that you own, but just haven't got around to reading yet. It could be a book you bought yesterday or years ago. Maybe you even have a few books on your eReader just waiting to be swiped to open the pages.

1. Give a synopsis of the book with image.
2. Tell us why you haven't read the book yet, including when you got the book (if you remember).
3. Link the post in the linky below.
4. Visit other blogs and post!

This weeks book is: Destined by P.C. & Kristin Cast


Synopsis from Goodreads:
Zoey is finally home where she belongs, safe with her Guardian Warrior, Stark, by her side, and preparing to face off against Neferet – which would be a whole lot easier if the High Counsel saw the ex-High Priestess for what she really is. Kalona has released his hold on Rephaim, and, through Nyx's gift of a human form, Rephaim and Stevie Rae are finally able to be together – if he can truly walk the path of the Goddess and stay free of his father's shadow…
But there are new forces at work at the House of Night. An influx of humans, including Lenobia’s handsome horse whisperer, threatens their precarious stability. And then there’s the mysterious Aurox, a jaw-droppingly gorgeous teen boy who is actually more – or possibly less – than human. Only Neferet knows he was created to be her greatest weapon. But Zoey can sense the part of his soul that remains human, the compassion that wars with his Dark calling. And there’s something strangely familiar about him…
Will Neferet’s true nature be revealed before she succeeds in silencing them all? And will Zoey be able to touch Aurox’s humanity in time to protect him – and everyone – from his own fate? Find out what’s destined in the next thrilling chapter of the House of Night series.


Why I Have Yet to Read This: 
So if you don't know it already I have a ginormous obsession with vampires. Not that I want to be one, but I love vampire movies, books, television shows, magazines, etc. I started reading the House of Night series when it first came out which was in 2007. I received Destined as a Christmas present and have yet to read it because I honestly feel that this series is too long. This is book nine in the HON series and I can't bring myself to read it. I know I eventually will but I haven't gotten around to reading it yet.

I love it when I get comments so feel free to leave some and stalk around my page like a creeper 8)
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...