Thursday, June 21, 2012

Review of Tempting the Best Man

Tempting the Best Man by J. Lynn
Synopsis:
Madison Daniels has worshipped her brother's best friend since they were kids. Everyone thinks she and Chase Gamble would make the perfect couple, but there are two major flaws in their logic. 1) Chase has sworn off relationships of any kind, and 2) after blurring the line between friends and lovers for one night four years ago, they can't stop bickering.

Forced together for her brother's wedding getaway, Chase and Madison decide to call a truce for the happy couple. Except all bets are off when they're forced to shack up in a tacky 70’s honeymoon suite and survive a multitude of "accidents" as the family tries to prove their "spark" can be used than for more than fighting. That is, if they don't strangle each other first…

My Review:
Sweet baby Jesus. Lord have bleeping mercy that was HOTT. I seriously could not put this book down. I honestly devoured this book in about 2 to 3 hours. I knew this book would be awesome due to the fact that J. Lynn or Jennifer L. Armentrout wrote it. This novel was so not what I expected. Loved every moment of this book. Madison and Chase are amazing characters. So funny too. I loved reading about every single character because they were so amazingly interesting and funny. I love the first chapter especially when she's talking to her father on the phone. Most of the scenes in this point either had me fanning myself or laughing. Madison and Chase's relationship even when they were trying to avoid each other, or annoy each other or whatever they did was filled with incredibly strong sexual tension. Sexual tension practically leaked off the page. Throughout the entire book I'm just yelling at them for not being together. This book is amazingly realistic in the sense that Chase having issues growing up with a bad family also brought that to his relationships. Which is true with any relationship. Past most of the time, if not always affects the present. Madison I loved her with every page more and more. She like all of J. Lynn's characters are strong willed, and have the amazing ability to be strong even in heart wrenching situations. This book takes on many twists and turns that always left me wanting more and never knowing what's going to happen right until the very end. I have to say I did love the turn of events from how it seemed Madison and Chase's situations switched. Hehe I honestly believe that anything that J. Lynn writes is a complete work of art and I would read anything and everything she writes for as long as she writes it. I have read and reread and reread Tempting the Best Man so many times I couldn't even count them. I know if you haven't already read this amazing novel, you should. 

Favorite Quote:
"We need to talk."
"Right at this very moment?"
"What's wrong with right now?"
Was he daft? "I'm in the bathtub, Chase,in case you haven't noticed."
"Oh, I've noticed." His voice dropped low, husky, and sexy as hell.
And her body went right into take-me-now land. God, there needed to be an anti-sex pill or something for when she was around him."

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...